Perusing some OER resources around cultural agility/inclusivity/implicit bias
This week I decided to explore the OER Commons site, and dig around for materials that may apply to my OER Technology Integration Project.
I began with the Community Toolbox https://ctb.ku.edu/en
I noted the license is Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0
Several chapters in the Community Toolbox seemed relevant:
Chapter 27 - Working Together for Racial Justice and Inclusion
Section 6 has good facilitation questions, potential for activities
Section 7 (What is culture? Levels, competence model) includes types of diversity, indicators, action steps
Chapter 16 Techniques for Leading Group Discussions…might be useful information.
The Community Toolbox includes an Enhancing Cultural Competence toolkit, that includes a section on conducting a cultural audit. The audit seems useful, though it is pretty long. One of the examples included a short video, which would be a nice introductory item in a module. There are also additional resource links, which I didn’t explore at this time.
Creating an Inclusive Learning Environment: https://oercommons.org/courses/creating-an-inclusive-learning-environment
I am so disappointed, as I went to this resource and quickly checked it out. Later I was going to return to the site for a deeper dig, and I got a pop-up message that the course has moved, and I couldn’t access it.
Implicit Bias https://oercommons.org/courseware/lesson/98293/overview
Contains links to useful videos and other resources, activities. I like the “what can we do” list. The “Blind Spots” video and “implicit bias defined” video may be two short “required watching” pieces in a module. Also includes information on microaggressions.
Curiosity question: https://oercommons.org/courses/understanding-race-2/view
This course is on OER commons site, but it’s copyrighted with traditional copyright. Why is it on the site? (it says “read the fine print”).
Interesting note…I stumbled upon Community Commons https://www.communitycommons.org/, which despite the name is not an open resource. The platform, dubbed as “supporting changemakers” has thousands of resources, tools, and data organized into 10 categories. The resources, etc. did not seem as applicable to what I am looking for.
Comments
Post a Comment